Licences and permits authorise water use and water affecting activities in specific resource areas across the state.

To find out more about why we have licences and permits, and how they may apply to you, visit the Water Licences and Permits page on the Department for Environment and Water website.

​The lists below show the most recent additions and updates. To see a complete list, click the relevant More.

Water Management Solutions

The department is reforming its water licensing business and delivering a modern online water register in 2022. A new digital platform called MyWater will give all water account holders and water market participants easy access to water data and the online water register.

For more information visit DEW's My​Water information page​.

More »

More »